The Fair Trade Event -- 1-5 p.m. in the St. Joe's Rotunda -- gives us all a chance to put our money where our hearts are. If you don't find everything you need there, here are some links to high-interest, low-impact gift alternatives:
- Ten Thousand Villages Fairly traded handicrafts from around the world. 8331 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19118.
- Handcrafting Justice A fair trade partnership working with women struggling for economic justice and independence in developing countries. 8540 Verree Rd. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
- Joe Coffee Bar Fair trade, shade grown, organic and estate coffees. 1100 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Heifer International Giving a life sustaining gift of farm animals as a gift in the name of someone on your gift-giving list.
- Equal Exchange Coffee Organic, gourmet coffee, tea, sugar, cocoa, and chocolate bars produced by democratically run farmer co-ops in Latin America, Africa and
- Fair Trade Federation List of members with on-line catalogs.
- Thanksgiving Coffee Company Another fair trade coffee company.
- Kokopelli's Green Market Environmentally friendly products and fast delivery!